The second generation funeral director, John Fletcher Henderson was born in 1882. A graduate of Johnstown High School, Phillips Exeter Academy and Harvard University with an engineering degree. He worked for Cambria Steel Company before joining his father’s business. Another flood hit Johnstown in 1936 and damaged the funeral home. In 1949, John F. along with his son John, purchased one of our current locations. In 1957 John F. dies.
The third generation, John Henderson, was born in 1915. He was a licensed funeral director for a year and a half before being inducted into the US Army. When he returned to Johnstown, he was elected as the President of the Pennsylvania Funeral Directors Association. In 1950 the remodeling was completed to our main location that was purchased in 1949. Through the years, there have been many additions made to this location, making it just under 18,000 square feet. In 1977, Johnstown, once again, had another flood. The county coroner designated our location as the temporary morgue. John along with his three sons helped with recovering of the victims. In 1983 John dies. His three sons take ownership, John Curtis, Gary and Kent V.
A fourth generation started in 1946. John Curtis is a graduate of Waynesburg College and mortuary school before receiving his funeral directors license in 1971. He worked at the funeral home in 1971 until 1986.
Gary was born in 1949. He attended Waynesburg and the University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown before receiving his funeral directors license in 1974. He retired in 2008.
Kent V was born in 1951. He is a graduate of Southeastern Oklahoma State University. Also, Kent started working at the funeral home in 1974.